PREDICTION- Make a prediction early in the book. Revisit the prediction after finishing the book. Compare and contrast your prediction with the ending. To what extent was your prediction satisfied and why?

I read “THE WIDE WINDOW” which is the third book of A Series of Unfortunate Events. The book contains thirteen chapters; (it contians thirteen chapters because the thirteen number represents the unfortunate nubmer. Also, the Unfortunate Events series are conposed in thirteen books) after reading one chapter I predicted what’s going to happen in next chapter. In chapter one, it introduced the main characters in this book. In addition, it introduced Aunt Josephine who is a new guardian for Baudelaire orphans (Violet, Klaus, and Sunny).

Before I read this book I already read first book and second book. The first part of first and second book always tells the reader that Baudelaire orphans will never have a normal life or guardian. For this reason, I easily predicted that the new guardian Aunt Josephine will not be the normal guardian for Baudelaire orphans. Also every single book of unfortunate event series always have new guardian in the beginning. So in the end of this book the guardian Aunt Josephine will get into a situation that she couldn’t take care of Baudelaire orphans any more. I predict that three main characters who is Baudelaire orphans will use their own characteristic for solving the problem. Also I predict that the main villain character Count Olaf (I knew him since I read the first and second book of unfortunate event) would have plot to steal Baudelaire orphans fortune again.

After finishing the book I compare and contrast my prediction with the ending and every prediction that I made was matching with the ending.
First the new guardian Aunt Josephine was not a normal guardian. She was afraid of everything. She never runs on the radiator, because she was frightened that it might explode which is very abnormal. Except for this there was lots of thing that it should not be frighten to normal people but not for Aunt Josephine. Also sadly in the end of this book the guardian Aunt Josephine gets killed by Lachrymose Leeches. In the book, Baudelaire orphans used their own characteristic for solving the problem such as Violet for thinking of the peppermints to gain them some time, Klaus for figuring out the note, and Sunny for biting the peg leg just at the right moment. Also Count Olaf disguises to Captain Sham and had a plot to steal Baudelaire orphans fortune.

I was really satisfied at my prediction. Because I remembered first and second book of unfortunate event series, then applied some details and predicted it exactly. Also it feels really good when your prediction matches with the story.

1 comment:

Lucia Jeong said...

Hello^0^

When I read the Series of Unfortunate Events, I always predicted that Count Olaf was somehow going to invent a disguise so complete, that no one would suspect him. This was quite true, because nobody really discovers his disguise until towards the end of the book. Also, I predicted that the Baudelair orphans would be sent to new guardians, book after book, since the previous ones always disappeared or were killed. Absoloutely true. I was horrified when Aunt Josephine was killed by the Lachrymose Leeches. To think those death-defying creatures with six rows of sharp teeth and one sharp nose was terrorizing. I was also impressed by the creativity of the author and that he could pull out an idea like it out of his mind. The fact that the Lachrymose Leeches will smell the food you ate and attak you was remarkable and attention-grabbing. Lemony Snicket really brought out the horrors of falling into a Lachrymose Lake!

However, to think that the fate befell Ike and possibly Aunt Josephine was appalling.

Deliberately, the name "Lachrymose" is pronounced in a remarkably similar fashion to "Lacrimosa". "Lacrimosa" is the Latin word for tearful, piteous, or mournful. I think this is significant because the world "Lacrimosa" fits in pefectly with the theme of the novel, which would be gloomy, despairing, or melancholy.

I think that the Series of Unfortunate Events are books that are easy to predict and can predict the correct predictions most of the time.

--------- ---------- ---------
P.S. You have the same template for your blog as I do for my blog and for my English blog:)If you haven't seen my blogs come and visit^0^

P.P.S. Good job on the predictions that you made:)